Sunday, January 8, 2006

$1000 bill

another day. a crusted brick on my back.
dust off the tv. restock the towel rack.
scrub down toilet. mount a round roll.
theseare the hours of my life. pay. pay roll.

squeegy the mirror, strip down the bed
check for the bible, give pencils their led
lift the couch cushions. vacuum and find
a tv remote, a constellation of dimes

a chewed pen cap, a lint covered pill
a squished up gum wrapper a $1000 bill
a $1000 bill, a $1000 bill,
a $1000 bill, a $1000 bill!
now i've something to write in my will

where are my feet
i can't feel my feel
nothing below my hips
nothing above my heels

dump out the ashtrays, turn out the lights
lock the door, click, click goodnight
to this life

soft swinging rainbows, sunny fingers of light
dump out my ashes, click, click goodnight